Powered Cell Phone Boosters
So, your original question, are cell phone boosters worth it, was probably addressing powered cell phone boosters that plug into a power supply and utilize an amplifier, as well as indoor and outdoor antennas. We haven’t always understood technology as well as we do today. Cellular devices have come a long way from bricks with foot-long extendable antennas. And obviously, our understanding of antennas has improved significantly over time as we’ve seen improvements in design and efficiency of antennas for cell phones and televisions. There’s no longer any need to use the bunny ear antennas with tinfoil on your TV when there are simple, more effective solutions available, although they might have a little more cost involved, they make our lives much easier.
A cell booster uses an exterior antenna faced toward a cell tower, which acquires cell signal and sends it to an amplifier via a coaxial cable, and the amplifier boosts the signal and transfers it (via cable) to an indoor antenna, which rebroadcasts the enhanced cell signal. This equipment is designed by engineers with decades of experience in the telecom industry, so it comes with much fewer problems and frustration than the DIY methods. Even in remote locations, as long as some cell signal is available, even if it is severely low, a cell phone booster can amplify it.
Benefits of Powered Cell Boosters
1. Good service is good for your health! Cellular devices put off less radiation when they are securely connected to a cell tower, and more radiation when they are searching for signal. Furthermore, frustration or aggravation resulting from weak cell service can lead to health problems like high blood pressure or anxiety.
2. Phones are investments. Mobile devices are becoming increasingly expensive, costing us up to $1,000 just for the device and hundreds or thousands more for their service. These are serious investments that we put even more money into accessorizing. These expenses are useless if we don’t have proper cell service and optimal use of our devices.
3. Cellular communication has become essential to the safety and security of ourselves and loved ones. Reliable cell service is important for our jobs and families.
4. Your phone’s battery life is shortened by weak cell reception; when the internal antenna is searching for signal it places more drain on the battery. Strong cell phone signal improves battery life.
5. Cell phone boosters improve coverage area for multiple phones simultaneously. Anyone nearby that picks up the signal would not be able to “connect” to your network like they would with a microcell.
6. Cell boosters maximize the service you pay for from your carrier – many causes of bad cell signal are out of their control. Switching to a carrier with “more coverage” is not likely to improve your signal by very much.
7. If you buy a quality cell phone booster system, then it is a one-time investment. There aren’t any monthly fees to rent equipment or payments for services/subscriptions.
So, Are Cell Phone Boosters Worth It?
Do they work? Yes. Millions of people use them, on a consumer scale and industrial scale. Our parent company, Berk-Tel Communications, installs industrial/commercial cell boosters in hospitals, government facilities, distribution centers, entertainment venues, stadiums, etc. We created our products and website to cater to consumers who are faced with thousands of low-quality cell booster products that are difficult to understand. If you have access to a minutia of cell signal, then our boosters will work in your vehicle, home, office, or RV. Other methods can work for you temporarily, poorly, or inconsistently, but a professional cell booster can give you long-lasting, reliable service throughout your entire space, on any carrier or device. Powered cell boosters are legitimate, FCC-approved technology.